Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Default Field Symbol in Ifthenelse

Hi Jack,

The simple approach is to replace your "YES" and "NO" with the appropriate Windings characters, via Insert|Symbol.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Jack Lamberton" wrote in message
HELP!

I have been unable to insert check boxes (via the SYMBOL field) in my merge
document from an IF THEN ELSE field. But it works just fine if not part of
an IFTHENELSE.

Symbol 254 is a checked box and Symbol 168 an unchecked box.

{SYMBOL 254 \a \f Wingdings \* MERGEFORMAT} {SYMBOL 168 \a \f Wingdings \*
MERGEFORMAT}

The above works just fine.

{If {MERGEFIELD "Check1"} = "x" "YES" "NO"} works fine.

Then if I replace THEN/ELSE texts ("YES" "NO") with the SYMBOL fields as
follows, the check boxes are not inserted in the merge document.

{If {MERGEFIELD "Check1"} = "x" {SYMBOL 254 \a \f Wingdings \* MERGEFORMAT}
{SYMBOL 168 \a \f Wingdings \* MERGEFORMAT}}

Any suggestion?

Thanks.