Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brassman80 brassman80 is offline

Default Print screen.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

It is possible that you need to press an unusual key combination (Fn and
something, perhaps) to invoke it on a laptop. Is the key labeled in colour?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"brassman80" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What were you expecting PrintScreen to do? Only in DOS does it actually
print your screen to the printer. In Windows it copies a picture of the
screen to the Clipboard, whence you can paste it into any application.

http://word.mvps.org

"brassman80" wrote in message
I bought a HP dv9623 in May last year. Today I tried, for the first
time,
use print screen and it does not work. Do I need to activate something?

I tried to take a pic of a music score in a music notation program and
paste it in word. I had to do it on my pc which uses XP instead and
wondered why I couldn't do it on my laptop which uses vista.

The key is the same as the home key. I tried to carry out an operation which I normally do on my PC and couldn't so I had to revert to doing it on my PC. This brought me to wonder what was wrong as I feel that it should be the same on my laptop. Every other function is.