Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Print screen.

The key is the same as the home key. I tried to carry out an operation
which I normally do on my PC and couldn't so I had to revert to doing it
on my PC. This brought me to wonder what was wrong as I feel that it
should be the same on my laptop. Every other function is.

Sorry, but I'm not really understanding you here. However, if "Print Screen"
is on the Home Key, then I suspect you need to press the Fn key either
before, or at the same time as, the Home/PrtSc key.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"brassman80" wrote in message

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

It is possible that you need to press an unusual key combination (Fn and
something, perhaps) to invoke it on a laptop. Is the key labeled in
colour?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"brassman80" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What were you expecting PrintScreen to do? Only in DOS does it
actually
print your screen to the printer. In Windows it copies a picture of
the
screen to the Clipboard, whence you can paste it into any application.

http://word.mvps.org

"brassman80" wrote in message
I bought a HP dv9623 in May last year. Today I tried, for the first
time,
use print screen and it does not work. Do I need to activate
something?

I tried to take a pic of a music score in a music notation program and
paste it in word. I had to do it on my pc which uses XP instead and
wondered why I couldn't do it on my laptop which uses vista.