Shauna Kelly

Hi Paul

By default, text in a header is formatted in Header style, and text in a
footer is formatted in Footer style. If your documents are using these
default styles, then you can modify the Header and Footer styles to put a
border around it. That will affect the whole document in one go.

For information on how to modify a style, see
How to modify styles in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"PA" wrote in message
I inheritated a number of long documents, and need to apply borders to both
the Headers and Footer. When I apply the border, the only choice I have
is
to apply to Paragraph. I need to go through each section (there are a lot
of
section breaks) and continually apply borders.
Is there a way to apply the border in the Header/Footer to Entire
Document.
Thanks from a weary Word user.
Paul