Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Changing Defaul Line Spacing

You're changing the wrong thing. You need to click on Format, choose
Paragraph, and then in the Paragraph dialog, change the spacing to Single
and the Spacing After to zero.

The "Style for following paragraph" determines what style will be applied to
the next paragraph when you press Enter at the end of a paragraph in a given
style.

"MikeJr" wrote in message
I have tried to do this... but the change does nothing. I changed the drop
down box "style to the following paragraphs" to single spacing, but still
get
space

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Modify the Normal style in the Normal.Dot template.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"MikeJr" wrote in message
I am trying to change the default document (the one the comes up when I
open
WORD), so that there is NO spacing between paragraphs, unless I enter a
space. I have tried all kinds of ways to get it to work, and it always
defaults to NORMAL template, instead of NO SPACE templete. HOW do I
set
the
default document to NO spacing?

thanks