Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Incorrect date format coming across in mail merge from excel

See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the "Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002/2003" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ames" wrote in message
Hi there..

I am mail merging date fields from excel spreadsheet listed in format 24
September 2008 but when they come across into the word doc they display as
the US date format 9/24/08.

I have checked the language settings to make sure they are English -
Australian (not US) on the word doc. I have tried selecting the correct
date
format when editing the toggle fields. I'm stuck! help!! ...any
suggestions??