These are tab characters. Use Find and Replace to replace ^t (code for a tab
character) with a space.

"Megan" wrote in message
I have a scanned text that I exported from omnipage 14 to word format,
when I try to edit the text it has arrows spread out in the text, I thing
they are carriage returns from the original type written text. I can delete
them manually but can't figure out a way to delete them all either by
removing all formatting. If I save the scan as a text file they all appear
as long spaces. I have tried find and replace with all the special
characters but it doesn't find them.†’

†’

Thanks,