Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Use Insert=Date and Time and select the format
you prefer then click the [Default button].

When use next use Insert=Comment that date format should
generally be what you get in the Reviewing pane for comments
======
"frogmouth" wrote in message ...
When the comments pane records a new comment it automatically records the
date and time on the right side of the pane. Currently the date is formatted
in the US style, i.e. month, day, year. I would like to see it in the
European style; day, month, year. This is for no other reason than
consistency and to avoid confusion to those who review my documents.
In 'Regional and Language Options' on the Control Panel, the date is set in
the European style. In Word, the Language is set to English(Australian).
I cannot find any other way to influence how the comments date is displayed.
Can anyone out there help? Thanks in advance.
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx