Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Conversion to XML

Without knowing more about it I can't help but believe that you may be
complicating your workflow [needlessly] by continuing to pass the data
through Word if you're moving to XML. You should be able to output the XML
file directly from an Access Table, Query or Report. You might want to check
in with the Access groups for details.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Dudley" wrote in message
I currently submit data according to a spec which requires it to be sent by
email in a tag system, e.g. 1010=XYZ. I enter the data in an Access
program,
import the data into a Word document with mailmerge, and then paste this
into
an email.

The spec is now being changed to XML, so that 1010=XYZ will become
Company NameXYZ/Company Name

It seems to me that the easiest way of doing the conversion may be to
amend
the Word documents so that they can be sent as XML. Is this possible and
can
anyone point me to information about how to set about it? I know a fair
amount about Access and Word, but very little about XML.

The submission will be done in Office 2007 but I am at present using
Office
2003 for development.

Thanks for any help.

Dudley