Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default MSword, how do I type/show 10 to the power of 4

I was working on an Excel spreadsheet yesterday that had a couple of lines
of text at the bottom. There were all something like: X1 = Blah, blah, blah.
See such and such if this condition applies. (The 1 is supposed to be a
subscript number.)

Instead of everything being normal and the one being subscript, the file's
originator formatted the entire sentence as superscript with the exception
of the 1. I left it as it was. All I was supposed to do was to tweak the
size of the print so that it would fit on a single 11 x 17 sheet of paper -
and that's what I did. (Letting that sentence alone was not easy tho.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Kenny @ TLGC" wrote in message
Even better!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And a shortcut for Superscript is Ctrl+Shift+= (Ctrl+= for Subscript).

so
all may benefit.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
Hi Kenny

Type 104. Select the 4 and do Format Font. Tick the "Superscript" box

and
click OK.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Kenny @ TLGC" wrote in message
I'm doing a maths course and am trying to provide course work &
answers

in
word document for indices and fractions. I cant seem to find these
functions
- I'm using Word 2003. Any takers? Kenny