Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default I need a way to insert a bar sign over a number

Missing from that article is the simplest way of all: use the
Combining Diacritic Overline character that you'll find in Insert
Symbol, Unicode no. 0305. (To get it just once, type 0305 Alt+x, and
it goes over the preceding letter.) There's a Double Overline at 033F.
But if you go to them in the Insert Symbol panel, you can assign a
keyboard shortcut to them, of your own choosing.

On Mar 1, 12:29*pm, Jay Freedman wrote:
Seehttp://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:35:03 -0800, redkcir
wrote:

I am typing my math problems in Word and need to put a bar symbol over a
number to indicate it is a repeating number in the problems answer. I can
find a bar, but not how to get it over the number. I know it can be done,
because I see it in my text books. Any suggestions?
Thanks, RKB-