swdevlin swdevlin is offline
Junior Member

Default Tabs and text boxes

hi,

I want to place a right align tab on the right side of the page. It is the only tab on the line. It is working ok except when I have a text box on the left side of the page. In that instance It seems like the tab is pushed to the right the same amount as the width of the text box.

For example, page is 22cm wide between the margins and I set a right align tab at 22cm. I then insert a 6cm wide text box at the left margin. The right tab now sits at 28cm.

Is there any way to set the tab position relative to the page instead of the left margin? Or is there some other way to accomplish my goal.

I am using Word 2007.

Thanks.