Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Stop exit design mode toolbar from appearing upon opening doc

That one-button toolbar appears when there is an ActiveX control (from the
Control Toolbox toolbar) in the document, but your macro security level is
set to disable macros and ActiveX.

You can set the security level lower (at Tools Macro Security) or you
can find the ActiveX controls and remove them from the documents.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Lady Vivien wrote:
Word 2003 - What is exit design mode and where does it come from?
Is there a way for me to stop it from always being there when I open
certain documents?