Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default how do I get a product key code if lost?

They have for quite awhile, JoAnn. I've been posting that this is no longer
the case with OEM software numerous times in the newsgroups for at least a
couple year, now. As a matter of fact, I provided this information just the
other day in this newsgroup. Post Subject: Product Key. Posting Date:
December 27, 2007.

If the OEM refuses to provide a new Product Key Microsoft will supply one. I
was told they might be charged a nominal fee (around $10 USD) but so far
everyone has reported it was free.

Beth Melton

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Oh! That's a first. I wonder when they started doing that.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Except that someone recently posted here or in another NG that he/she was
able to get a new product key from MS because his/her OEM version was on
a system that was out of support.