Klaus Linke

Hi Sonya,

Most importantly: Don't save the document while the text is unreadable!

First, check out "Tools Options Compatibility Font substitution", and
choose sensible fonts for missing ones.

That should fix it... Probably Word substituted some symbol font for a missing
font.

If that doesn't work (i.e., Word doesn't show any missing fonts), the document
might be damaged... But you should still be able to fix the text and turn it
into a readable font, using the macro from
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212396

Greetings,
Klaus

"Sonya" wrote:
I created a document in Word 2000 which I do not remember what font I used.
I am now trying to open it in Word 2003 and all I get are either Symbols or
boxes. Do you know how I can correct the problem?