Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce cayce is offline

Default list style name disappears

I need to be able to preserve and edit a newly created list style in Word
2007. I keep the reveal formatting pane open as I make the edits. This new
list style's levels 1-6 are applied to the built-in Heading 1-6 paragraph
styles in a .dotm file I'm developing. When I try to edit the list style, its
name will disappear from the reveal formatting pane once I've closed the
modify list style dialog. To avoid losing the list style, I choose undo,
which negates my changes.

What is going on and how can I stop this?