Shauna Kelly

Hi Cindy

In recent versions of Word, if you construct a Table of Contents using
Insert Reference Table of Contents, then Word will automatically link
both the text and the page number to the relevant heading. In earlier
versions of Word, only the page number was a hyperlink. For information on
how to create a table of contents, see
How to create a table of contents in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

The other main way to create links within a document is to use Insert
Hyperlink. In the left hand panel, click "Place in this document". You can
then create a link to any paragraph in a built-in heading style, or any
bookmark that you have created with Insert Bookmark.

If you have Word 2002 or Word 2003, and if you have used the built-in
heading styles to format your headings, then you can also use View
Document Map, which gives you a clickable list. However, I don't recommend
using it in Word 2000 or before, or if you have not used the built-in
heading styles in your document.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Cindy" wrote in message
How do I create links in a Word document to navigate within the document?
For instance, having a link on a Table of Contents item to take the user
directly to that particular section. Is this possible.