Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
moodymare moodymare is offline

Default This modification is not allowed because the selection is lock

"CyberTaz" wrote:

It sounds like you're in a Protected doc. Go to ToolsProtection & see if
there is a command in the submenu that reads as "Unprotect Document". If you
attempt to remove the protection you may be prompted for a password.

If this isn't the issue be sure to specify version info when you respond.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"John" wrote in message
I can open the document, but i can't type anything. I can't do anything
with
it. The bottom it says "This modification is not allowed because the
"selection" is locked."

please answer me....

I have an acer laptop- 3 months old- purchased from John Lewis with Office
already loaded and the same thing is happening suddenly. Can read but not
create or modify docs in power point and word 2007. cannot get into the
control bar to get anything to work. it keeps asking for a product code.