Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lisa@Pru Lisa@Pru is offline

Default Charts in a mail merge

Peter,

I have looked at this link as it is mentioned on many forums. I have no
idea what it's telling me or how to make this work. I printed out some text
associated with this link and here's where I get lost:

Note that the chart and bookmark can be in a table cell or a frame if you
want to have text flow around the chart.
 Insert a normal module and a class module into the main merge document's
project and copy in the corresponding code.
 Go into Tools/References in the Visual Basic Editor and activate the
checkbox next to Microsoft Office Graph 10.0 Object Library. (Or 11.0 if you
have Office 2003)
 Run the procedure MergeWithChart in order to execute the merge to a new
document.

I have no idea how to do the above - any suggestions?

Thanks again!!!!
"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

AFAIK the suggestions at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy....htm#SpecMerge

are still the main possibilities here - If you are using a version of
Word that supports Mailmerge Events - Word 2002, 2003, 2007, then the
sample referenced there should work, although you may need to find a
suitable data source for the main merge.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Lisa@Pru wrote:
I have a mail merge document that started out using Excel as it's merge file
but now that I have over 1000 merge fields, I have to save the Excel file as
a csv file, then open and save that in Word so I can perform the merge.

My merge document needs to contain a pie chart that will be specific to each
record in the merge. It needs to refresh itself with new data each time the
merge grabs a new record.

Can this be done, and if so, can you please tell me how?

Thanks,

Lisa