Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default how to keep inserted pictures out of the header space/margins

Have you tried using the InLineWithText layout propertiy instead of Top and
Bottom.
You will need a Paragraph specifically for the image but this ensures that
the image will never interfere with the Header/Footers and also gives added
functionality because you can apply a Figure/Picture Style that allows
greater control and consistency of your images in the document.

With Top and Bottom layout, have you turned off the "Allow overlap" option
on the Picture Position tab. I am not sure if this feature will affect the
problem you are having.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"ninjaneer" wrote:

Hi there
I am writing a technical report with plenty of figures. I generally use the
'top-and-bottom' wrapping style and occasionally the 'tight' style. However,
I have a problem that Word then allows these pictures to overlap largely with
the header space and this makes the document presentation look really poor. I
edit the document constantly, so I want the layout to 'auto-adapt' to spacing
changes without moving into the headers.

Any advise please?

Thanks in advance!

Pieka