Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
rkbristol

Default Problem with starting page numbering on page 3

I've managed to get the section break to work with subsequent pages now
properly numbered starting with page 3. However, I have one "rogue" page
that is oddly numbered. The actual page 2 of the document has a "4" in the
header. No page number should appear on page 1 and 2 (they are in section
1). As I said, the numbering now starts properly on page 3 (section 2) and
is labeled as page 1.

I don't know why "4" appears on page 2 and when I try to delete it, all of
the numbering is removed from section 2 as well.

??

"rkbristol" wrote:

Please help, I need to turn this paper in.

I have a 70 page paper and I want page 3 to be labeled ats page 1. I placed
a "next page" section break at the beginning of page 3 and then used insert,
page numbers. I selected Header, alignment right, then clicked on format,
page numbering, start at and choose 1. After clicking ok the document shows
the documents actual page 2 as page 8, actual page 5 as page 4 and then
continues in sequence.

I don't want actual pages 1-3 to have any numbering. I want page 3 to start
numbering as page 1 and then go sequentially. I'm not sure what I've done
wrong.

Thanks,