Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
rkbristol

Default Problem with starting page numbering on page 3

I apologize for my ignorance and appreciate your suggestion but I don't know
how to get to the menu where I can perform the unlink.

Can you help please?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unlink the header in section 2 from the one in section 1 (by clicking the
Link to Previous button to turn it off). Then delete the page number.

"rkbristol" wrote in message
I've managed to get the section break to work with subsequent pages now
properly numbered starting with page 3. However, I have one "rogue" page
that is oddly numbered. The actual page 2 of the document has a "4" in

the
header. No page number should appear on page 1 and 2 (they are in section
1). As I said, the numbering now starts properly on page 3 (section 2)

and
is labeled as page 1.

I don't know why "4" appears on page 2 and when I try to delete it, all of
the numbering is removed from section 2 as well.

??

"rkbristol" wrote:

Please help, I need to turn this paper in.

I have a 70 page paper and I want page 3 to be labeled ats page 1. I

placed
a "next page" section break at the beginning of page 3 and then used

insert,
page numbers. I selected Header, alignment right, then clicked on

format,
page numbering, start at and choose 1. After clicking ok the document

shows
the documents actual page 2 as page 8, actual page 5 as page 4 and then
continues in sequence.

I don't want actual pages 1-3 to have any numbering. I want page 3 to

start
numbering as page 1 and then go sequentially. I'm not sure what I've

done
wrong.

Thanks,