Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default New page below current page???

"Inserting a page" is never uncomplicated, unless you are dealing with a
page layout application. :-) But note that Word's behavior in this respect
is no different from previous versions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Thanks for your help Stefan, I don't understand all of this and shouldn't
have to. It should be a simple menu choice to insert the page above or
below the current. I'll just move the objects manually and pray that I
never have to use Word again. This program has really degradated.

You deserve a lot of credit for being patient this program.

God Bless,

Mark

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Each text box is anchored to a paragraph. What happens when you insert
the page break is that you are moving the anchor paragraph to the next
page, and the text box follows. That's why it seems as if you are adding
the new page before the existing one.

Before pressing Ctrl+Enter, make sure to place the insertion point at the
end of the page, or at least in a paragraph that doesn't have a text box
anchored to it.

To see anchors in the document, you can display nonprinting marks (use
Ctrl+Shift+8 to show/hide the marks). Note that the anchors are visible
only when you select an anchored object.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

In Word2007 I have a page with textboxes and images and want to add a
new
page below it. If I add a page break or blank page, it is inserted
above
the current page. Is there a way to insert it below (which seems to me
be rational)?

Thank you for your help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam