Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Drag and Drop in Word 2002

Are you trying to drag text into an area where there is not yet any text?
While you can drag wrapped objects (those that have a wrapping style other
than In Line With Text) anywhere on the page, you can drag text only into
other text areas.

http://word.mvps.org

"jexie" wrote in message
yes I have drag and drop checked

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Go to Tools | Options | Edit. Do you have "Drag-and-drop text editing"
checked?

http://word.mvps.org

"jexie" wrote in message
I experience the problem when there are no dialog boxs opened

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

I have experienced that you cannot use the drag-and-drop method if a
dialog
box is open such as the Find, Cross-reference or Symbol dialog box.
Could
that explain the problem?

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"jexie" wrote:

"I can't drag and drop within a word 2002 document. I select the
text,
hold
down control and drag but I get the "no" circle with the line
through
it.
And the selection won't drop. It stays where it is. . I would
like
to find
out what I am doing wrong?
I have windows xp