Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Mathews

Default equation symbols

On 25-Nov-2005, Javed Huq wrote:

When I enter an equation, the symbols come up wrong. Where do I
go to change the style so that Word will display my equation
correctly?

With Equation Editor open, the menus in the menu bar aren't Word menus any
more; they're Equation Editor menus. Go to the Style menu and click on
Define. These styles must be set to Symbol font: LC Greek, UC Greek, and
Symbol. The others should probably be set to the font you're using in Word.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide