Doug Draper

Greg,

I appreciate the reply. Based on your information, I discovered (I believe)
that the solution was not exactly that described by the article. The
autoupdate box was not checked, so I left it unchecked but did check the "add
to template" and saved the template again. That seemed to solve the problem.
Thanks a million.

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

See:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Curious Doug wrote:
If I add a bullet before a paragraph, all paragraphs are given a
bullet until I press Ctrl-Z. If I center a paragraph, all paragraphs
are centered until I press Ctrl-Z. After Ctrl-Z, the paragraph I
originally altered retains the change, but a person can hit Ctrl-Z
just so many times a day before going crazy. This happens in all new
documents, not just in specific documents. Any suggestions?