Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Officegirl Officegirl is offline

Default table style takes the font settings from my normal style ratherthan my theme style

Thanks for the answer. The article applies to Word 2002 and 2003. I
had heard that the reason for this problem is that Word had Times New
Roman set as a default style and there was nothing you could do to
change that. And with Word 2007 you can set your own default style
under the Set Defaults tab in the Manage Styles dialogue. I read
somewhere that this would solve problems like this. But apparently not.