Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default table style takes the font settings from my normal style rather than my theme style

Although it may work better, it is still confusing, and I see no reason why
font formatting in table cells couldn't be more straightforward.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pam Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
When you specify settings in the normal style (font, line spacing, etc.),
normal may not change when you change the theme or the style set, both of
which change the doc defaults.

Also, settings in normal override settings in table styles unless normal
is
"empty" (no font and line spacing specified). An empty normal looks
something like this: Font: (Default) Times New Roman, Left, Line spacing:
single, Widow/Orphan control, Style: Quick Style.

Ms Kelly's page is 4 or 5 years old. I agreed with her advice until 2
years
ago when I learned how to use tables styles effectively in W2003. Now that
they are improved in W2007 and the Microsoft developer's have explained a
bit about how the styles work and interact, I'm hoping she will revisit
table
styles issues.

Pam

Officegirl wrote:
Thanks for the answer. The article applies to Word 2002 and 2003. I
had heard that the reason for this problem is that Word had Times New
Roman set as a default style and there was nothing you could do to
change that. And with Word 2007 you can set your own default style
under the Set Defaults tab in the Manage Styles dialogue. I read
somewhere that this would solve problems like this. But apparently not.