Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default how do I set up a shoulder heading and include it in the toc?

Put your cursor in the paragraph. Select the normal paragraph style. This
will format the whole paragraph as normal style. Select just the part you
want as a heading and select the Heading style. Only that part of the
paragraph will be formatted as Heading and only that part of the paragraph
will appear in your TOC.

Jampye wrote:
When I select the heading level, it still places the entire paragraph
into the Toc. When I select the rest of the paragraph to format it
as Normal text, the program changes it to the heading format instead.
I am using 2003. I have 2007 but I do not like it.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

In recent versions of Word - certainly 2003 and 2007 - you can apply
more than one style to a paragraph. In this case select the heading
and apply the heading style to be included in the TOC. Only the
formatted heading will appear in the TOC.

Jampye wrote:
I want to use a shoulder heading and continue the paragraph on the
same line. I want the heading to be included as part of the ToC.
Any ideas?