Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default file name is changed when saving a merge

One of the things you probably need to do is uncheck Word
Tools|Options|General|Web options|Files|"Update links on save". This option
appears to apply whatever format you save in, not just to the scenario where
you're saving as a web page.

Peter Jamieson
"garycahn" wrote in message
ups.com...
I created a main document and data source in Word 2000 and ran the
merge. It worked flawlessly. Then I took those same two file and
attempted to run the merge in Word 2003. The merge failed, but I don't
know why. Here are the details.

The main document has a line in it that reads:

{includepicture "c:\\documents and settings\\gary\\{mergefield
picture}"}

This line brings a photo into my merged document.

When I use that file in Word 2003, the merge works OK. However, when I
save that file in Word 2003 so I can use it later, Word changes the
"Include picture" line to read as follows:

{includepicture "../../../documents%20and%20settings\* {mergeformat"}

I have no idea why saving the file would foul up the "Include Picture"
line, but it fouls it up each time I attempt to save the file.
Needless to say, once the include picture line is fouled up the merge
doesn't bring the picture in anymore.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?
Thank you

Gary Cahn