Well, for one thing you shouldn't have to insert a section break just to
split the table for a heading. And if you're truly inserting a "heading,"
this should be at a logical break, not a space/length-dependent one. Are you
perhaps talking about a page header? If so, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

"abkitsme" wrote in message
news
I am modifying a document that has many pages and a table that runs

through
all pages. In table properties the text wrapping is off so it will "break"
automatically at the end of a page. The issue I'm having is that when I

have
to separate the table to create another heading Word keeps the first line
(which is formatted to continue at the top of all pages) on the page I

want
the table to start but then moves the next line of the table to the next

page
leaving half a page blank. I've used a continuous break and this seems to
work but is a lot of extra work to find the correct cell that will fill up
the page. Is there an easier more consistant way to keep the table on the
page I want it???

Thank you for your help