Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MSM MSM is offline

Default When I close a document, Word closes. How do I stop this?

I am having this same problem and am using the correct closing method. HELP!

"johnalexwood" wrote:

I just looked through this whole thread and I see that no one actually
offered any solution to the actual problem of Word closing completely when
you close the one .doc you had open. Is this just a bug or is there a way
around it?

john wood
http://johnalexwood.blogspot.com

"Karen" wrote:

"patty" wrote:

I close using the small x and word closes completely. I know I am using the
small x and not the red one (I have witnesses) Also, when I send an email
with a word attachment, word closes automatically and I don't want that

"SHG818" wrote:

I just posted a similar question pointing out that when I activate "Windows
in Taskbar" on the View menu under Tools?Options this problem goes into
operation. Yes, I am using the proepr , and I tried Ctrl+F4 instead of
Alt+F4. Do you think it is a glitch in the program or is it possible it is a
flaw in mine?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Or, if you're using the keyboard, use Ctrl+F4 instead of Alt+F4.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:46f2f$42d44518$97c5108d$17197@allthenewsgroup s.com...
Use the bottom X instead of the top X to close the last document.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"SM" wrote in message
If I only have one document open in Word, when I close it, it completely
closes Word. I have been under "Options" and can't find a way to stop
this
from happening. Any suggestions?

I too am certain that I am using the small "x" and the same thing happens. Has anyone found a solution?