Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy - Lovullo Kathy - Lovullo is offline

Default When I close a document, Word closes. How do I stop this?

We were able to fix this problem by replacing the normal.dot file.

I'm not sure if the problem occurred in Save Mode, but I do know that it
occurred regardless of whether you used "File - Close" from the menu or by
clicking the bottom of the 2 X's to close the document only. It was not
specific to a document but was occurring in every document.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

What command are you using to close the document? Do you have more than one
document open when this occurs? Does it happen on every document? Does the
issue occur if you start Word in Safe Mode? Exit Word, hold Ctrl and start
Word. Continue holding Ctrl until you are prompted to start Word in Safe
Mode.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Kathy - Lovullo" wrote in message
We are also having this problem. However it is on Word 2003, not 2007.