Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default my spell check stopped working for WORD 2007?

Essentially the page boils down to the line

Delete the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Proofing
Tools\1.0\Override" registry key.

Run regedit from Windows start run Locate the key in the Explorer like
window and delete it.

ccastner wrote:
Is there anyway to get a step by step on that process. I am not savy
enough to execute the procedure, although I have tried.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

This is worth a look
http://mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=1697

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"ccastner" wrote in message
news
Did you ever get a satifactory answer to the problem. I do not see
it. This issue is ridiculous.

"kjunghans" wrote:

I have the same issue. I have checked all of the items in this
thread and they were already set correctly, but I cannot get spell
checking to work. The only thing I do not know how to check is if
the dictionary is there. The default language is English. Any
other ideas on what could cause spell checking not to work in any
documents. --
Kevin Junghans

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

Navigate to Set Language on the Review tab. Make sure that Do
not check spelling or grammar is
_not_ checked and that you have selected a language as default
for which your version of Office has a spell checker dictionary
included. Alternately,
acquire and install the appropriate dictionary.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Ashley" wrote in message
I have the same issue. "Check spelling as you type" is selected
but Word is
not checking my spelling. Also, if I go to Review and click
Spell Check, it
doesn't recognize any misspelled words.

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

Navigate to Office (round button on top left), Word Options,
Proofing. Assure that Check spelling as you type is checked.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Dale" wrote in message
How do i change my template to proofing?