Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 Indented paragraph doesn't indent first line on next

What do you mean by "fully indented"? Are you not talking about the
first line at all?

On Aug 21, 12:32*am, ssummsm
wrote:
Thank you for responding. It is actually a full paragraph indentation which
should have no oddities. Here are no paragraph breaks or manual page breaks.
If I could attach an image I could show you the pages with all relevant
formatting marks shown. In one case I stumbled around with Styles and got rid
of it but can't seem to reproduce this.

It also happens with a paragraph that is fully indented that starts at the
top of a page --the first line looks like a hanging indent even though the
paragraph formatting indicates no special indents.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
I assume you are referring to a hanging indent? Are you sure there is not a
paragraph break? Or have you inserted a manual page break? If so, that
includes a paragraph break.

"ssummsm" wrote in message
A paragraph that is set to be indented and that flows over to the next page
does not have the first line on the next page indented. This line, usually
just a continuation of a sentence on the previous page where the paragraph
starts, has moved to the left margin. The next line of the
paragraph -whether
or not part of the same sentence- are indented again-