Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Dialog Box is open Click Ok then close open diallog boxes word 2

Hi ?B?Z2FkZ2V0MjY4?=,

I have a laptop hpdv9730us on vista home premium. I just installed
Microsoft Office Pro. 2007.I get the following error when opening word docs
only. I tried a reinstallation of word and Office 2007 and it did not work.

€œThe command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open. Click "OK"
and then close open dialog boxes to continue. €œ

I have tried everything in this microsoft Link( I pasted it here just in
case) and it did not help either. Is there anything else I can try?

Have you looked in the "Processes" of the Windows Task Manager to see if
there's another (invisible) instance of WinWord.Exe running?

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del, the choose "Task manager" to bring up the tool.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)