Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Dialog Box is open Click Ok then close open diallog boxes wor

Hi ?B?Z2FkZ2V0MjY4?=,

No. There is no other winword.exe running. It is the only one.

OK, then apparently there's no application running in the background, or an "orphaned"
instance of Word.

In that case, if you hold down SHIFT when opening a document (this will suppress
"Auto" macros executing) does the problem go away?

I have a laptop hpdv9730us on vista home premium. I just installed
Microsoft Office Pro. 2007.I get the following error when opening word docs
only. I tried a reinstallation of word and Office 2007 and it did not work.

€œThe command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open. Click "OK"
and then close open dialog boxes to continue. €œ

I have tried everything in this microsoft Link( I pasted it here just in
case) and it did not help either. Is there anything else I can try?

Have you looked in the "Processes" of the Windows Task Manager to see if
there's another (invisible) instance of WinWord.Exe running?

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del, the choose "Task manager" to bring up the tool.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the
newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)