Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word e-mail

I think what you can't use Outlook 2003 for in Word 2007 is the Address
Book.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote in message
"Rich/rerat" wrote in message

In Vista, Outlook Express was replaced with Windows Mail, and then
Windows Live Mail I belive it is called.

Windows Live Mail does not replace Windows Mail, exactly. It's a separate
client and you can have both on one PC, I believe. Moreover, Windows Live
Mail can be installed on Windows XP as well.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message

Outlook 2003 is not compatible with Office 2007. They will not work
together.

Not exactly true. You can certainly have Outlook 2003 on a PC with the
rest of the Office suite being 2007. You will lose the integration
features (like using Word as the mail editor), but it will work.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]