Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default My menu bar is missing when I open any document.

Using the /a switch is only a troubleshooting step to determine where
the problem is. Now you have to do the rest of the steps in the same
article. Read all the way through the whole thing first, so you know
what you need to do.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:08:00 -0700, BHostler
wrote:

Thank you. By going to START then RUN and typing winword.exe /a I can open
the docs with the file menu at the top. But if I just double click on a
document out of the "My Documents" folder for instance I still have the file
menu missing at the top. Is there anyway to fix this or do I just have to
open word through the RUN screen everytime?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

BHostler wrote:
For some reason when I open any saved document my menu bar is
missing. So I do not have access to the file menu, view menu, tools
menu, etc. When I try to create a new document it is there though. I
know I can go into customize and reset it to have the menu bar there
again. But, that is a hassle to do everytime I open a document.
Because when I close it and then reopen a doc it is missing again. Is
there anyway to make the menu bar show up all of the time again
because it used to work like that but apparently I did something to
screw that up?

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm

--
Regards,