Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
twoods403 twoods403 is offline

Default schdmapi.dll missing in mail merge feature; detect & repair no

Hi Graham and Doug,

Thanks for the info. Graham, I downloaded your file from your link and put
it in the Windows folder. Word now recognizes the Outlook address book! Now
I just need to figure out how to do a mail merge document, which I might try
from the Outlook per your instructions in the link. Word does not give me an
option to do an email message from within mail merge. Do you know if I can
put a distribution list in anywhere in a mail merge or if there is an update
to Word someplace that would give me the option to do an email merge?

Much thanks for all of your help!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you had downloaded schdmapi.dll from the link on my web site -
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm installation
instructions are included. However it goes in the \Windows\System32 folder
(Windows XP)

twoods403 wrote:
Hello,

I need some help please. I am trying to run a mail merge in Office
2003 Professional and when I click on data source and select Outlook
as my source, I get an error message stating that I am missing
schdmapi.dll. I tried detect & repair and this did not replace the
file. Then I found a download of it, downloaded it, but did not know
where to put it on my PC.

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this?