Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
manneck manneck is offline

Default schdmapi.dll missing in mail merge feature; detect & repair no

Mr. Mayor - I am stumped. I have been getting the schdmapi.dll is missing
error when I try to do a mail merge from Outlook. I have the contacts set up
properly, I downloaded that piece from your website to the
C:\windows\system32 folder, unstalled it, rebooted, and am still getting the
error. I cannot fix this. Whatever help you can give me I appreciate. Melody
Eckert

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you had downloaded schdmapi.dll from the link on my web site -
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm installation
instructions are included. However it goes in the \Windows\System32 folder
(Windows XP)

twoods403 wrote:
Hello,

I need some help please. I am trying to run a mail merge in Office
2003 Professional and when I click on data source and select Outlook
as my source, I get an error message stating that I am missing
schdmapi.dll. I tried detect & repair and this did not replace the
file. Then I found a download of it, downloaded it, but did not know
where to put it on my PC.

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this?