Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ineluctable

Default How do I reset page setup to original factory settings

Yep that did it. Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Oh, that's an entirely different situation. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

"Ineluctable" wrote in message
When I open a new document the page settings are already set to the

settings
that you have suggested. Yet the cursor is at the extreme top edge of the
document. The Normal.dot template is not present when I follow the path

where it should be. Any other thoughts?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Two ways. If you have not made any other changes in Normal.dot, you can
rename it and force Word to generate a fresh copy (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm)

If you just need to reset the margins to their factory defaults, you can

set
these values and click Default... again:

Top: 1"
Bottom: 1"
Left: 1.25"
Right: 1.25"
Header: 0.5"
Footer: 0.5"

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Ineluctable" wrote in message
When you go into page setup in Word there is a "Default" button which

mistook for a "Reset to Defualt". Now every time I open a new

document
the
margins are jacked up. How do I reset the page setup back to the

original
settings?

Thanks