Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tcebob tcebob is offline

Default Finding a Backspace

Well, actually, there is. (008) But whether Word uses it, I don't know; probably not.
There is an overtype format for making overlines and so forth but I can't say how it
actually works.

The backspace used to work fine on dot matrix printers and Selectrics, together with line
feed (without carriage return). I programmed some tables with these characters and it was
fun to watch the printer jog back and forth, up and down.

rs

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
news : There is no such thing as a "backspace character".
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
:
:
:
:
: "Dave" wrote in message
: ...
: How can I do a Find and Replace on the backspace character?. I don't see
: how to get the backspace character into the 'Find What" slot.
:
: Thx
:
: Dave