Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Finding a Backspace

Do they look like ¶?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dave" wrote in message
JoAnn Paules - another good idea - But it looks like Greg's routine
doesn't include the characters in question.

sniptcebob "would you post an excerpt? "
Great idea - turns out, tho, that when I paste the sample said marks
disappear. Can I attach a Word document on this list???

snip"Nothing but calm on my end"
Good

snip"There is no such thing as a "backspace character".

Well, OK, but I got pages of them

BTW, I find none of these characters in my Word symbols library.

Stark reality is starting to set in :-).

Dave

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
That's a completely different question. Greg Maxey has something that may
help.

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Clean_Up_Text.htm

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dave" wrote in message
Let's all remain calm everybody, the OP forgot to mention something key.
Shall we start over.

I am the lucky recipient of a very lengthy report contained in,
unfortunately not attached to, an email message (if you think this OP is
a problem you should be so lucky as to be working with the sender). My
duty is to edit this doc extensively, then combine it with others, etc.,
etc.

When you C/P from the email into Word, you get a zillion line
ending/backspace/paragraph characters, with formatting to match. Really
ugly.

I was hoping there was a way to find/replace to clean this mess up.

Dave

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
Okay. I was thinking more along the lines of a letter/number/symbol and
not a command. Perhaps the OP needs to clarify what he/she is doing.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote in message
Well, actually, there is. (008) But whether Word uses it, I don't
know; probably not.
There is an overtype format for making overlines and so forth but I
can't say how it
actually works.

The backspace used to work fine on dot matrix printers and Selectrics,
together with line
feed (without carriage return). I programmed some tables with these
characters and it was
fun to watch the printer jog back and forth, up and down.

rs

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
news : There is no such thing as a "backspace character".
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
:
:
:
:
: "Dave" wrote in message
: ...
: How can I do a Find and Replace on the backspace character?. I
don't see
: how to get the backspace character into the 'Find What" slot.
:
: Thx
:
: Dave