Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.excel
Dima Dima is offline

Default How to make the file search to find files by "text or property

Thanks Bob I for your helping questions!
Yes, the search criteria is being added to the "includes".
It was working before partially. It did not find all files.
I have tried Windows 2000 file search. It did not find the excel file by a
number in its cell too.
Best regards,
Dima
"Bob I" wrote:

I am puzzled as to why it is not finding the file then. Have you tried
several different searches? Is the search criteria being added to the
"includes"? Was it working before?

Dima wrote:

Thanks Bob I for your questions!
Yes, the Location is actually accessible, in NOT a hidden or system folder.
I can browse to those files and open them.
"Bob I" wrote:

Is the Location actually accessible? As in NOT a hidden or system folder?

Dima wrote:

Thanks Bob I for replying.
That goes without saying. I set file types and Search Location also.
Best regards,
Dima
"Bob I" wrote:

You need to Set file types and Search Location also.

Dima wrote:

Hello!
How to make the Office 2003 Advanced file search to find files by the "text
or property"? The Office 2003 sp2 Advanced file search does not find a Word
or Excel file by a word or a number in an excel cell.
Best regards,
Dima
+79035093892