Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AnnB AnnB is offline

Default Why do hyperlinks in Word docs no longer work?

Starting yesterday, my hyperlinks in Word docs no longer work. Where I used
to be able to control+click them to reach the internet page, they now return
an error message saying Word cannot "download the information requested."

I have checked to be sure the internet options are still set as always on
Word.

There are no other real directions in Word.

I can, of course, copy and paste the hyperlink into a browser window but
that eliminates any usefulness of hyperlinks. Though it does prove the
hyperlinks still go to active internet pages.