bilisa

I followed your instructions, but I still have the same problem. It seems to
me that this is some sort of conversion problem. Any ideas?

"bilisa" wrote:

This may sound as a stupid question: What is Text Driver DSN on system?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I suggest you try the following instead, but use the pathname of the folder
containing your text file instead of "c:\myfiles", and if necessary, change
the name of the ODBC DSN in the connection parameter to match the name of a
Text Driver DSN on your system.

..OpenDataSource _
Name:=filnavn, _
Connection:="DSN=Delimited Text
Files;DBQ=c:\myfiles;DriverId=27;FIL=text;MaxBuffe rSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;",
_
SQLStatement:="SELECT * FROM " & filnavn

Peter Jamieson

"bilisa" wrote in message
Hi

Im having problems when I merge my document / template with a .csv data
source. My data source is already attached to the template via some vba
script. I have some translation problems when the data posts contain
danish
letters as Ø,ø,æ,Æ,å, Å. Some times they disappear and sometimes they turn
into asian symbols in the merged letter. They open correctly in Excel but
are
not displayed correctly in the merged letter.

This is my code:

Dim myheader As String

filnavn = "C:\FLETFIL.CSV"

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge

.MainDocumentType = wdFormLetters

.OpenDataSource _
Name:=filnavn, _
Connection:="Entire Spreadsheet", _
SubType:=wdMergeSubTypeWord2000

' Do it
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.Execute
End With

What is wrong with it? Any help is appreciated.

Yours sincerely