Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

Default Use Word 2003 menus and toolbars in Word 2007

On 14 Apr 2007 09:41:48 -0700, wrote:

2. Each EXE has a copy of the .NET 2.0 framework 9in case the use
decideds to put one app on one machine and the other app on the other
machine) - this won't change - we don't want the user dynamically
downloading versions of the framework for a number of reasons.

Hi!

What about those of us who have already downloaded and installed the .Net
3.0 framework, which is quite a bulky download by itself?

Maybe there is a programmatic way to check if the .Net framework is already
installed on the target system? Also I would expect most users to know if
the .Net framework is already available on their system. Then a setup zip
file without the .Net framework could (should) be offered as an alternative
download.

http://www.toolbartoggle.com is an attractive site indeed. But the home
page takes ages to display on a dialup connection. As there is no
progression bar (or anything else) showing that the page (site) components
are being downloaded, for a moment I thought the site might be dead, or the
server too busy. I suggest using a progression bar with "Loading... Please,
wait..."

--
Cheers
Robert