It was a joke, Amedee.

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.docmanagement:

I can see it now! Tool - Options - Dumb it down

Repeat as necessary.

Before you can reliably dumb something down, you would have to
understand it when it is still in the difficult form. Simple enough for
a human (although...) but for a computer we would be venturing in the
realms of artificial intelligence. The only computer I know capable of
dumbing down, was HAL9000 (the ship computer in '2001 - A Space
Odyssey'): "Dave. What are you doing, Dave? My mind is going. Daisy..."

--
Amedee Van Gasse