Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default fields queries and utter disaster

OK, from your previous messages I had the impression that you might have
managed to get the results of a simple MySQL query directly into Word, in
which case it would almost certainly have been possible to modify the query
to get what you needed. But that appears not to be the case.

Unfortunately, the gist of the replies so far is that no-one here -
including me - actually knows whether it is possible to get data directly
into Word from an ODBC data source in either Word X or Word 2004, or what
other approaches might work if a direct connection is not possible.

The one thing I am sure of is that it is possible to get data manually from
an ODBC data source into Excel 2004 using MS Query (as you have done in
Excel X). Whether that can be automated in a useful way is another question.

Peter Jamieson

"consiglieri" wrote in message
oups.com...
Trying it on Word.X

To clear a few things up. Initially i connected to the mysql database
using sql-query in excel after which I pulled int the information to an
excel worksheet. I then tried to create fields along the lines I
perviously explained.

As for the last attempt.

My filed contains the following

{ DATABASE \c "connection info" \s "SELECT Table1.ID1, Table2.ID1 FROM
TABLE1, TABLE2 WHERE Table1.ID1 = TABLE2.ID1 AND TABLE2.ID2 = { FILLIN
"Enter ID2" \o } }

The only problem is I do not know what "connection info" to use.
Normally to connect to mysql i would issue mysql -u usernamen -p
password Database
I tried that but it didnt work.

Could you help me out with an example of "connection info".